Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

 

Franciscan Sisters of the Immaculate Conception
In Ireland

In March 1946, Mother Bernardine and her Vicaress had travelled to Ireland, with a testimonial from Archbishop Campbell, to meet Bishop MacNeely and inspect two properties that were up for sale.

The Convent at Falcarragh
Bishop MacNeely readily gave his permission for its purchase, but it was a further eighteen months before the house was made habitable for a communiy and a community chosen. Mother M. Paul and her three companions moved in on 18 November 1947, and a fortnight later the convent was formally opened and blessed.
In September 1989 the Congregation opened a second convent in Dublin to serve both as Regional house and house of studies. And presently we have four of our sisters working in Dublin